Monday, August 16, 2010

Dog Beach

The wife and I took Buddy to dog beach. He didn't like it. I found it hilarious that Buddy had trouble understanding the ocean. I think it's because he isn't a California native. Maybe he only dreamed about the ocean and learned about it from watching Laguna Beach on MTV. One can only guess.

Buddy is from Missouri and moved to Iowa when we rescued the little bugger. His first bout with snow was actually much easier than his attempt at the ocean. He romped and roamed around flicking the snow up in the air and catching it in his mouth.

You need to know he loves water. He loves to swim. Even though those are both facts, he had a different opinion about the ocean.

Here are his thoughts translated for your reading pleasure.

"What am I walking on?"

"Why is that man wearing a piece of floss? Put some clothes on."

"What the F**K is that foam?"

"YOU PEOPLE COME HERE FOR FUN???"

"Is that water? Why is it chasing me? Why is it leaving? Why is it chasing me? Is that water?"

"This water tastes like a salt lick"

"You go in. What the hell do I need to experience this for?"

"OH COME ON! Was bringing me in the water absolutely necessary?"

"These other dogs are idiots."

Needless to say, we made it about 30 mins before he completely gave up. He ran toward the water and ran away when it came back. It reminded me of a little child on his first trip to the beach.

You might ask: Stacy, will you be going back? Yes. We will be taking buddy to a different beach and trying again.

Will he enjoy the trip? I doubt it.

No comments: