Thursday, February 19, 2009

The new and improved Underground.

Dear friends,

I have spent the afternoon messing with the layout of my blog and some of the finer points. When I first started this road, I aimed for a semi-or-overtly political lesbian blog....that was more than taken, but I was mad. Prop 8 had happened and my life seemed in shambles. The more the blog has evolved, the more it has really evolved to represent me. I have added the humor back to my life. I have added the Stacy back to my writing.

While I am still overly peeved about Prop 8 and the lack of equality in the country, I am willing to push the hyper-political dyke to the side. With that, a change in quotes, layout, and color were in order. So welcome to the new Lesbian Underground.

I will still greet you with my play on McCain's "Dear friends." I will still share with you the life I lead. I will still share my struggles politically and socially. This will not change. What will change is the addition of the softer side of Stacy. I plan to bring that out and the sarcastic and (attempt at) witty writing.

For all those who have been with me from the start, thank you. I hope you enjoy the new direction. Keep reading...plus, comment away. I always love feedback.

oh yeah, read Grace the Spot. I do enjoy writing for them. Plus, we won Best Humor Blog from The Lesbian Lifestyle 2008 Lezzy awards. Woohoo!

So, with that, I hope you enjoy.

Stacy

No comments: