Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Songs that changed my life

Friends,

Thanks to Facebook, I received a forward that required me to spend time reflecting on music that has affected my life. Since lesbians love to remember the songs that changed their lives, moody songs, and summing up their lives in lyrics by their favorite artists, I spent three hours reviewing the albums and songs that have changed my life.

I have a strong belief that the list below is a must for all individuals to listen and reflect. These are songs and albums that have affected generations and lives. These are my "must listen" songs...

Please add some if you think I need to hear them. Also, I do know that most of these are folk or folk rock...I can't help it...the lesbian runs through me.

Songs

"Blessed" by Brett Dennen
"Sounds of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel
"I am a rock" by Simon and Garfunkel
"Radical" by Catie Curtis
"See the World" by Gomez
"Quidam" by Cirque du Soleil
"Turn! Turn! Turn!" The Byrds
"Blowin' in the wind" Bob Dylan
"The Times They Are A-Changin'" by Bob Dylan
"Will you be the one" by Melissa Ferrick
"Magnolia Street" by Catie Curtis
"Power of Two" by Indigo Girls
"Closer to Fine" by Indigo Girls
"World Spins Madly On" by The Weepies
"A Long December" by Counting Crows
"Let it Be" by The Beatles
"Another brick in the wall" by Pink Floyd
"Terrapin Station" by The Grateful Dead
"Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode
California Dreamin’ by The Mamas and the Papas
Runaway – Del Shannon

Albums

Simon and Garfunkel Live in Central Park
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
The White Album - The Beatles
Graceland - Paul Simon
Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys
Bob Dylan: The Collection (you can't just name one album for this man)
Greatest Hits – The Byrds
Brett Dennen - Brett Dennen
Truth from Lies - Catie Curtis
Say I am You - The Weepies
White Ladder - David Gray
August and Everything After - Counting Crows
Bring it On - Gomez
The Best of Donovan - Donovan
The Joshua Tree – U2
Revolver – The Beatles
At Folsom Prison – Johnny Cash
Valentine Heartache - Melissa Ferrick
Rage Against the Machine – Rage Against the Machine
Riding with the King – B.B. King and Eric Clapton

Hope you enjoy,

Stacy

No comments: