Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hate makes money unless you stop it.

September 29, 2008

Dear friends,



Please look at this website. I choose not to link directly to it, so you know the site and learn the words that connect you to understanding.

http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/dishonorRoll.html#caster

As I was searching online today, I thought I might just take a quick second to check out how the NO on Proposition 8 campaign is going in CA. Since I am not home, I don't get the updates all the time with how the news is responding and how normal people are responding.

So, I was struck to find out that there was a website showing all of the donations to the yes campaign which strips marriage rights away from all people. The link above shows you that most of the people who are big contributors DON'T even live in California. Hmmm...interesting.

Also, I was interested to find out that some of the people on that list also support a myriad of other issues that hurt civil rights for all people. So, they are not getting my support through money and purchases. In particular, San Diego will be a place I research before I go. There seem to be a lot of people down there who hate the gays. And yes, voting no is a vote for HATE. No matter how you slice it, you are not a kind, nurturing, supportive person if you actively discriminate toward a group of people. I don't care how many different ways you try to slice it, hate is a part of that choice. It might not look the same way in your eyes, but it is hateful in mine.

Anyway, just wanted to add a little bit of info for people who want to take an active stand to not give money to products and people who are against others.

Make your own call. I say NO to 8 and NO to giving you my business.

Money makes power,

Stacy

No comments: